PABX is a Private Automated Business Exchange, a telecommunications system or private telephone network for business. It is interchangeably referred to as a PBX and its functionality ranges from simple to complex.
Emerging tech options make it both affordable and appropriate in a host of small and medium sized business environments.
WHY PABX EQUALS SOUND BUSINESS SENSE
Regardless of email messaging, texting, communicating via a phone remains a key component of business relationships. It cannot be eliminated but it can be streamlined.
PABX can improve customer experience by changing the way your business communicates with the outside world and within itself:
• Extending a single access number into multiple lines for external diallers such that clients & potential clients can connect with your business the 1st time they dial your contact number.
• Creating numerous options for external lines for company staff or internal callers including:
– Auto attendant
– Call conferencing with local and global participants
– Call waiting with auto ring back ability
– Call forwarding including to multiple personal mobile numbers and devices such as Tablets
One of the largest decisions after deciding to employ PABX in service of your business operations is whether or not to have it located Onsite or Offsite.
ON-PREMISE VS. HOSTED PABX:
10 COMMON PRO’S AND CON’S
Here is NCX’s overview to assist in clarifying important assessment points of each.
• Customizable to very unique business needs
• No on-going vendor fees
• Potential for enhanced support relationship/s with vendors
• Hands-on control of Disaster Recover and Business Continuities strategies
• Direct authority on IT maintenance and management
• Initial capital expenditure
• Upgrades and speciality features require capital investment
• Hardware eventually becomes obsolete
• Business continuity can be at risk i.e. if the system fails, an external technician incurs travelling time & then servicing time therefore your business telecommunication system is offline for longer.
• No storage space compulsory and does not require specific equipment
• Customizable & easily changeable i.e. Scalable to the size of your growing business.
• No maintenance fees; minimal onsite IT support/expense required.
• Pay for only what you need, now and then. Reliable monthly expense & knowable and/or predictable future expenses
• Better Business Continuity if the vendor supplies the necessary services
• Less flexibility regarding unique customization or design
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE RIGHT PARTNERSHIP
Deciding which technology is the right fit for your business is never just a simple and/or question. The right business partnerships can make or break you. That is why select products and services work best within the congruent partnerships. Businesses no longer need to depend on a telecommunication company that is unresponsive and unreliable.
NCX is an expert on all the variations of PABX systems and software available on the market. Not sure if you need a PABX system? Curious what will fit in the budget? Looking for more than what you are getting with your current PABX/PABX Provider?
Technology can make the office work environment an efficiently pleasant operation. Knowing what is possible is an important part of streamlining processes and maximizing market opportunities for business success.
NCX professionals can help. Let us explain, translate tech specifications, and decipher your unique needs into a custom package that fits your company where it is at today.